Flu season is fast approaching for 2023. Influenza vaccinations are due to start mid way through September, the practice will contact patients who are eligible for the influenza vaccination once we have confirmed dates for clinics.
Eligible cohorts include:
- those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risk groups;
- pregnant women;
- those aged 65 years and over;
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals;
- housebound patient as defined in paragraph;
- those living in long-stay residential care homes or nursing homes or
other long-stay health and social care facilities;
- All 2/3 year olds as at 31/08/2023
Also starting in October 2023, Autumn Covid vaccination boosters will be available from the practice. Patients who are eligible will be contacted to book into clinics once dates have been confirmed.